Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Acrylic Paint Challenge!

This week at Practical Scrappers we want you to pull out the dreaded acrylic paint and show us what you can do with that stuff! I've had these soccer pics since my son's first game of the season in September printed out and ready to scrap because I loved them so much!! Then I hit a wall creatively with them and couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with them. I was listening to my favorites on my free playlist at playlist.com and Saliva's "Click, Click, Boom" came on. I did one of those *look at the pictures, look at my computer screen, look at the pictures, look at the computer screen* and I realized my son was doing that-- *going to kick, going to kick, and boom!! big kick*. Well, with a grunge rock song theme inspired LO there was only one thing I could do for my background-- carboard!! I pulled out a good only 12 x 12 piece of cardboard, stripped off the top layer, and painted it up. Of course it also, required distress so I tore up papers and inked the edges. Then for my journaling box with all this distressing going on I had to pull out my Distressed Stripes embossing folder to give it that cardboard look, too. Oh, I also wanted to to tell that for my journaling-- I re-wrote the lyrics to the first verse of the cong Click, Click, Boom (my inspiration) to have a kids soccer theme!
Here's is my version of the lyrics:

On those Sunday's when kids go out and play,
I was out on the field blocking the balls all day!
Wasn't faded,
Not jaded,
Just a kid with a ball and his gloves and a big determination!
All this, I seek I find, I push my body to the line.
Block it,
Save it,
Win it,
Until I'm PRO-RATED!

Now, here's the LO!



Thanks for stopping in and don't forget-- we are having our first ever crop at Practical Scrappers Forum Friday the 20th through Sunday the 22nd! I am the hostess and have lots of great challenges, games, and prizes lined up for you!! Make sure you sign up as a member of the forum and a follower of the blog if you want to play along!

Kerri

3 comments:

Unknown said...

great layout kerri! You rocked it! Plus, I am a total soccer fan, so I love this layout!

Unknown said...

Awesome Kerri! Love this super cool layout. you go girl!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Crystal said...

Very nice use of paint! I love the action shots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails