Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day Envelope Mini Album


* this picture is of the album all folded up.

I ran out of time to create my husband the album I wanted to for Father's Day on Sunday, and I had remembered seeing this cute little envelope mini album a long time ago (probably last year when I was looking for ideas). So, I gave it a whirl and what you see, is what I came up with. I absolutely LOVE how this turned out. Probably my best quick gift I've ever created! I did this in less time that it takes me to do most of my layouts believe it or not!

* this is a picture of the back of the album (it is able to stand up on it's own perfect for dad's desk)



* this here is the front opened up



* Last, this a picture of the front again with all of the pulled out of the envelopes


* all pattern paper and ribbon used in this project are from Crate Paper's Static Collection
*all cardstock used in this project are from Core'dinations
* tools used: Gypsy, Cricut Expressions, Cuttlebug, Diamond Plate Embossing Folder
What I absolutely love about this project is that you can adapt it to any size envelopes that you have lying around. There no set size. I chose to use 5X7 envelopes (which is really 5 1/4" x 7 1/4") because I don't make a lot of 5x7 cards so, I have an abundance of them. The inserts for the the photo were 5x7, with a 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 matting, and a standard 4x6 photograph (save some time from cropping photos). Then all you do is attach one to the other by gluing the flap to the front side (the side you would address) of the bottom of the other envelope. Fold it like an accordian (refer to pictures) and begin to cover and decorate however you like.



Thanks for stopping in and hope I inspired you to create your own mini envelope album!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your mini album!!! I feel a scrap lift attack coming on :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails