Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gettin' Froggie!

This week's challenge on the Create Blog is to create an animal-shaped card. Something a lot of my friends and family do not know about me is I have this new found love for frogs. Don't know when it started or where it came from but I am drawn to all that frog paraphernalia that is out there in the stores right now (especially the baby stuff--too CUTE!). So here's a fun card I made for a friend of mine that I was on the phone with the other day having a conversation about where "the real" prince charming is! I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it!




Product List:
Core'dinations (green core essentials cardstock)
Bazzil cardstock (pink and white)
Cuttlebug (Spots&Dot embossing folder)
Craft Essentials ribbon
Google eyes
Copic Markers ( G17 & 100)


Now most of the time when I create a shaped card I create my own SVG and use my SCAL & Cricut to cut it out. But this time, I decided to kick it back old school and do some fancy hand-cutting because this from idea came from a coloring page I had printed out from somewhere for my kids. I did a little piercing together and added my own fun twist --the tongue slides in when you open it up. To highlight my embossing I decided to pull out my Copic G17 marker and go over the embossing just to change the shade a little darker (also did this on the eyelids). To finish I went around the edge of everything with my black and drew in some lines to define the froggie legs.

Thanks for another great challenge and thanks for stopping in!

2 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Hehe, cute card Kerri! Thanks for submitting it to the CARDS challenge!

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Super cute frog! Love that you made a frog shaped card. The embossing is perfect for him. Great job. -Tami

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails