Monday, August 22, 2011

Card Using Die Cut

Hi Everyone...Today at Practical Scrappers we are featuring cards using Die Cuts.  I made 8 of these wedding shaker cards ( getting ready for the craft fairs still) and this is probably one of my favorite cards I've made.


 I cut the champagne glasses with a free SVG I found from Lea.  What I did was cut the  3 of the shadow of the glasses- 2 on  white card stock and 1 one from a tranparency.  Then I  cut one of each of the peices from the svg file and used the piece that was supposed to be the champagne in the glass.  I traced that on one of the shadow pieces I cut on the white cardstock and hand cut that with my exacto knife.  I then glue that piece to the top of the the cut transparency.  Here where I create the shaker part:  I used my Scotch's foam mounting tape and place it along the entire "bowl" of the glass. I then filled that with glitter, removed the backing off the tape, and added the second white cardstock shadow of the glasses to create the back.  When that was all put together, I added some diamond stickles to the front to dress it up.  Also, the black scroll was a die cut I cut from my Cricut (storybook cartridge).

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails