Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cotton Projects

Hi All!  Just getting a chance to post these--it's been a crazy day! A bathroom project that should have been a quick fix is turning into some major remodeling...I hate house projects!! Today at Practical Scrappers we are doing a version of our monthly frugal finds with all the designers.  We challenged our design team to use COTTON ( and shape, version, form of it) to create any kind of project.  We picked COTTON because of the significance that you are supposed to give cotton gifts for 2nd wedding anniversaries.  Here are the two that I came up with...

This one I used cotton medical gauze from my first aid kit I have in that dreadful bathroom I was complaining about.  I spruced it up by inking with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distressing ink ( I could really use some de-stressing right now) and Sugar Maple Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels.  All the pattern paper is by Crate Paper, Restoration Collection.

Here's a photo of my "cotton" gauze flower up close.


This is the other flower that I had just had to share a close up of because I loved how it turned out!  I cut 4 some "blob"/flower shapes by hand (don't have to be the same size). I cut a little "v" into into each bump/petal.  Inked with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distressing ink again.  I then place them in a blow of warm water to help break the fibers down and crinkled up.  While they were still wet I dipped the edges into to some Beacon's glue and dumped glitter over the glue.  To finish, I shaped it with my fingers  while drying with my heat gun (CAREFULLY).  I just LOVE it!! 


Here, I created this altered canvas for my parents (canvas made of cotton) that I painted with black acrylic paint and glimmer misted like crazy on (Tatter Angels Graphite and Marshmallow). All pattern paper, embellies, ribbon/fabric are from Bo Bunny Whoo-ligans Collection that included some cotton fabric (black and white check) I created her bow with.  Hope my mom doesn't mind that I put it on my blog--I did promise not to post it on FB for all her friends to see :)

Thanks for stopping in and make sure you check back at 12:01 am !!  Our blog hop begins and lots of fun in store!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love both of your projects!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails