Saturday, June 11, 2011

Embedded Embossing

We are going to start a new monthly feature at Practical Scrappers where we "Focus On Technique". Erin, Christine, and I decided we would kick of this feature with embedded embossing. For those of you who haven't heard of this, it's basically starting with a base layer of card stock and adding layers (other cardstock, stickers, rub-ons) to it; running all of it through your embossing plates/folders to create one single layer look with your layers "embedded" into the base. It's a lots of fun and a great technique (some of you may have been doing it and not realizing that there was an actual technique for what you were doing).

Here are my two projects I did with this...


This first layout is a new Disney layout I did for my continuous work on this album ( I may finish it some year). I used the technique on the black cardstock that has the red and white different size circles I punched out. Also used it on the embellishements that stay, Road Trip and Taking Photos. They were stickers that I placed on cardstock and ran through my Cuttlebug using my Dots and Spots embossing folder.



This one same idea...cut 7 strips of red cardstock and placed it on my white base, added my 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 square of star pattern paper. Hand cut some stars and did my doddling. Glue it all down then ran the entire thing through my Cuttlebug using the Stars embossing folder.

Thanks for stopping in and hope you get a chance to try this technique if you never have, or give it a go again if it's been awhile!

Kerri

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails