Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Transparency Challenge @ Practical Scrappers!

Our feature item to use us this week is that ever-dreading transparencies. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a hard time using these babies!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE them and have way too many (especially since you pay like $2.99 for each one), but I they always seem to need just the right picture and theme. Here's the main one I did for this week:




This is a pic of me and the DH at PSU on the Nittany Lion Shrine in 1997. As for things I did with this LO...
* The entire LO is covered with a 12 x 12 tranparency (I don't know the manufacture-- just remember getting it at my LSS)
* Inked my D'Vine swirls folder with brown pigment ink, carefully put my paper in the folder (making sure not to slide it around once I put it in), and ran it through my bug-- it made the perfect photo mat for this picture and the feel I was going for in LO-- the Bazzil aqua cardstock was just way to over-powering by itself so by inking the folder with the brown it helped settle it.

* I stamped the flourished in the top right hand corner with some Timber Brown StazOn ink. You need to use StazOn on transparencies otherwise your ink will smear. One more NOTE...I did use my heat gun to quickly dry the ink so I did not accidently smear it. Make sure if you use a heat gun to dry you ink on tranparencies that you do it quickly and do NOT hold the dryer in place (keep it moving) or your tranparency will begin to warp--LESSON LEARNED THE HARD WAY!!

* The flower are also cut with my Cuttlebug (the 4 set of the flower dies) and I also embossed them D'Vine Swirls.

* One more thing...I used a Sharpie to write on my tranparency. Again, for the same reason I used StazOn ink...it work smear or wipe off!

Here is another one I did that gives you other ways to use transparencies...



This was a LO I did, inspired by the poem on the LO that I wrote for my grandmother when I was 17 years old and she was battling cancer. The small pic was when I was junior in high school and she came to my induction to the National Honor Society, the large pic was at my high school graduation about 20 months later...my grandma passed away two week after I graduated. Her goal was to see one of her grandchildren graduate, and she did exactly that! Love and miss you Gram!!

Thanks for stopping in this and make sure stop by PS and join in on the challenge this week and the blog hop as well. There's still one more day left to join in the fun and win some prizes!

Kerri

1 comment:

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Very pretty layout and such a sweet thing to document.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails