Sunday, April 5, 2009

Page Maps Blog Contest " What's On My Mind"

I haven't been posting too much on the blog lately as life has me running like crazy 2 days of soccer practice a week, 2 days of karate practice, travel soccer games, pre-school, and sick kids. But, somehow in between all that ( more like in the wee hours of the morning when I should be fast asleep), I did manage to get this contest done for the "What's On My Mind" theme over at the page maps blog. I really had a lot of fun doing this LO. I've already scrapped this picture twice before (one for Jaedon's and one for Delaney's album), but I needed one for the family album too because it's so hilarious and makes me laugh everytime I look at it. This is what happens when you give your kids markers while you are making dinner. All of the sudden things get very quiet and you know they are up to something. So, you peek around the corner and this is what you see.... ROTFLO!! I thought this "what's on my mind" theme was perfect for this senario. I am ever so curious to know just exactly what is going through those heads so for once I could be one step ahead. I want catscan of my children's brains so I know exactly how they are working, but I'm sure if we had them figured parenting would just be too easy.


Now, what did I use for this LO:

I just bought these papers a few weeks ago when I got to travel to a Michael's in State College, PA ( that's the closest M's to me in the little city of DuBois). All the paper's are from the We R Memory Keepers WHiTe Out Collection which really suited this pic well with all the orange crayola marker on their faces-- it really made that marker go "pop" to me!! I also used a transparency that I bought there too that is by Best Creation Inc. I used my orange Studio g pigment ink, and my timber brown StazOn ink to ink around the edges of all the papers. I also used some white ric rac ribbon, blue acrylic gems, my stapler ( I inked the staples with the timber brown StazOn), and I even pulled the sewing machine out to do some stitching around paper with the circles on it.

Journaling reads: {What's on my mind is "what's" going on in those two precious little heads? "Who" comes up with the ideas? "Where" do they come from? One thing is for sure, you always make things interesting!}

Thanks for stopping in and hopefully I get to updating this thing a little more often!

Have a scrappy day!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails