Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Basket Tutorials

After some good feedback from fellow scrappy friends asking for instructions, here a tutorial I made on how to create my Easter Baskets.

This is what you need for this project:
1 - 5" x 12" sheet of cardstock
11- 1" x 5" strips of cardstock
1 - 1.5" X 12 strip of cardstock
Ribbon, Threading water punch or your favorite border punch, sanding block, I used Swiss Dots CB embossing folder, and your strong adhesive
Cut 4- 1 inch strips in the 5 x 12 strip starting 1/2 inch in and leaving a 1/2 inch at the end so you don't cut all the way through end up with a wash board looking piece of paper.


Weave the 11- 1 x 5 inch strips in between the slots on the 5 x 12 sheetafter done weaving glue all the flaps that are on top down, then flip over and do other side. Set this piece aside to dry.


Take the 1.5 x 12 inch strip and use border punch on both side of the strip ( this will form the handle)!!

Now return to your dry, weaved, 5 x12 sheet and cut 1/4 inch from one of the edges. This is to give you a straight edge to create the rim of the basket. Use punch along entire length.


Now , emboss the 5 x12 sheet with your favorite CB folder. Just turn the EB folder sideways and repeat three times to do the entire length.


emboss the handle strip, again turned the EB folder sideways and repeat three times to do the entire length.

Use sanding block to expose the white core of the embossing on both strips.
overlap, I go in two scallops on the punch and line them up and adhere to create round shape.

Attach 4.25" circle to the bottom

Use ribbon on handle and base of basket.
Attach handle with strong adhesive-- I use Beacon's!!


Here's pic with added stamp image, I stamped with jet black StazOn onto water color paper. I used water color pencils to color in the the stamped image ( the image is a Studio g $1.00 stamp that I picked up at M's in their $1.00 bins).
The scalloped oval was cut on my cricut from the Storybook cart and then embossed with D'vine Swirls A2 embossing folder. I inked over the embossing with pink Studio g pigment ink. (
The image is just on some lime green cardstock and I gave it a 3-D look by attaching it with some foam squares
Have fun making these and make sure if you do make one of my baskets, post me a link so I can see what you've created!!
Happy Scrappin!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails