Friday, January 10, 2014

Who Says It's Too Early For Next Christmas?

I'm up today over at Practical Scrappers sharing my idea on how to use up some of that ribbon.  Here's is a 4 and 1/2 ft ribbon and fabric garland I created.  You'll probably see me selling these next year at all my holiday fairs ( I went a little crazy buying material after Christmas when it was clearanced out ).  I started with some 4 ply 72lb jute cord as my base.  Created slip knots at each end.  Then I took my material for this one I just tore it into 1" x 6" strips ( you could cut them all with pinking shears or scissors depends on the effect).  Then just tie away.
To finish it off, I created some cinnamon dough ornaments ( the recipe is below ) and painted some gingerbread men and squiggles on hearts .  Here's a close up of my ornaments.  I tied them on with some coordinating checkered ribbon scraps.


Cinnamon Dough Recipe
1 1/8 Cup of Flour
3/4 Cup of ground cinnamon
1 Cup of Salt
1 Cup of Water
1 Tbsp Ground Nutmeg
1Tbsp ground Cloves

Mix dry ingredients with water to form a smooth stiff dough.  Divide into three or four portions. Place each section between two sheets of wax paper and roll to 1/4 and 3/8 inches thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out. While dough is till soft use a straw to put a hole in the top of each ornament for the ribbon to go through.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Paint with acrylic paints ( I chose not to use a clear coat of varnish because I did no want them shiney).

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails