Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How To Use Your Embossing Folders!

It's a new "10 ways to use your..." at Practical Scrappers and today's focus is embossing folders.  I could fill the entire segment with ways to use them, but I went with two that really call to me. 

First up is inking your embossing folder first then running through your embossing machine.  This one for me is always a lot of fun.  I like to create messes :)  Tried something different this time by using more than one color and decided to go patriotic with the 4th of July just around the corner.


Also wanted to show you some up close shots of my ebellishments and edging of the card.  With the ink giving the card that faded look because it's heavier in some spot than others I decided to pull out my Crackle Accents to continue that faded worn look.


and here's the bacjground layer that I crackled as well...



The second technique I used with my embossing folders is one because I am lazy and highly dislike rub-ons that was until I found this little trick.  Create a "sandwich stack" to run through your Cuttlebug (I don't have the other plates for other diecut and embossing machines but I'm sure all you crafty ladies can adjust as needed).  The sandwich stack for the Cuttlebug goes as follow working from the bottom up:  Plate A, Plate B, cardstock, rub-on, empty embossing folder, Plate B.  The embossing folder works as just an extra shim to apply the exact amount of pressure needed to apply the rub-on without any rubbing! Here's my card...

The best part about this technique is that works great on those textured, glossy finish, and glittered cardstock allowing your use those papers that you thought were not "rub-on friendly".


Thanks for stopping in today...and if my blog was your first stop today make sure you head over to Practical Scrappers for some more great ideas on how to use your embossing folder!


1 comment:

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Love, love, love this! I don't use my embossing folders nearly enough, but when I saw all these wonderful ideas on PS, I was certainly inspired! Love your work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails