Monday, July 6, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge # 38-- Something Funny!

I had this wonderful little card all planned out for this challenge, but then I remember these pics I took last weekend of my son Jaedon where he got covered in "silly string" by another little boy, and I just couldn't resist the idea that popped into my head for this one! That's the way creativity works, right-- you got with what comes to ya when ya have it!



What I used for this project:

All papers are from the DCWV Fun in the Sun Summer 2009 Stack ( and the Summer Cardstock Stack); Offray Ribbon 1/8" ( teal and lime green); Pressed Petal blue alphas; lime green embroidery floss; green wire; and eyelets; Studio G Teal ink; and D'Vine Swirls embossing folder.

Techniques used:

1.) I embossed the photo mats with D'Vine Swirls embossing folder on DCWV textured cardstock that has a white core. I sanded the embossed swirls to leave the white core of the paper to be exposed.

2.) Folded corner on the photo-- I created my just folding back the corner of the photo and covering the exposed back of the photo with whatever patterned paper I like.

3.) Title "String"-- was created by writing the word "string" in cursive with my Creative Memories fine ball point glue pen. Then I just followed the script with my embriodery floss laying it in the glue. Also, I did ink the edges of the word "silly" with my teal ink to give the letters a little more pop!

4.) Wire-- this was a lot of fun to use. I've never experimented with it before, so I had a lot of fun trying to see what I could do with it. I did string my letters through it by just punching a small hole in the chipboard letters. Then on the right side, and bottom of LO I tried to create my own "silly string" look with it by just bending and shaping it from eyelet to eyelet.

Also, we are trying to hit 500 followers by the end of July at The Cuttlebug Spot and we need your help. Our official sponsor Custom Crops is offering prizes to keep us motivated along the way. Custom Crops has a great selection of Cuttlebug accessories, including pre-orders for the new embossing folders, so you can stock up and get ready for challenges with those folders. Be sure to visit their store.

We'll give away a $50 gift certificate to Customer Crops on Friday, July 10th from all followers that have met the criteria listed below to get us started. We'll then give away another $50 gift certificate when we hit 500 followers. Just head on over to the http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/ to check out all the details and rules for contest!

And now, I leave you with one of my favorite pics I took on the 4th of July from Penn State Beaver Stadium at the 4th Fest.


Thanks for stopping in!

Kerri

4 comments:

Ziggyeor said...

oh great photo!! I love your LO too very cute :D

Karen Brooks said...

Love the LO and great fireworks pic!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

How adorable! (Both your layout and your pix!) Love the way you did the title! xxD

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Your page is terrific and perfect for the "something funny" theme.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails