Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History in the Making!!

I must say I am very happy with the results of the election yesterday. I went out there, did my duty as a citizen, and my voice was heard. And even though, my dear husband disagrees with my view point, democrats and republicans can conquer together--we are living proof. I still love him even though he calls me a "bleeding heart liberal" and he still loves even though I believe in the power of change.


So on to my history in the making, the book/album is finally done and what else is there left to do--back to the "challenging boards". Both of these challenges are on SAS ( advice comment #1-- tackle one forum at a time when completing challenges or you end up posting the wrong challenge on the wrong board--LOL, yep I did--good thing for the edit button on posts).





This first one here is the card challenge my dear friend Aymee gave us for a Christmas Card Challenge. I don't have a lot of buttons, and I am not one for following a sketch to a "T" --always got to add my own little twist to it ya know. We had to not only follow the sketch, but had to use non-traditional colors. This new DCWV Christmas Stack had some perfect papers for choice, but this was my fave and it was also left over from some tags I was making for Pinky at JS. Using up the left overs before going on to the new! I like how it turned out, but I did drop the black ink pad in the top right hand corner! So what, it's still cute enough!

Challenge number two here was the weekly Sketch Cass posts on SAS. It's from the new November Page Maps. Gotta love the Page Maps.




So here's the sketch....



And here's my take on the sketch...again with little added twist- "bling"- These are pics from when we went to Splash Lagoon in June.

The journaling reads, " Everyone had so much fun on the water slides "making waves". It was Jaedon's and Delaney's first time going down the slides by themselves-- you would have thought they were pros!"


Have a good day all!! Only two more days and Friday will be here! Woo hoo...bring on the weekend!

1 comment:

Bamabel said...

Kerri...I love that card! The colors so rock! And the LO too! Lovin' the sketch and your interpretation of it! Keep up the great work gf! I always love seeing what is new on your blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails