Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Another Spring Blog Hop Challenge!

As promised, here is my design for our challenge this week at Practical Scrappers. Our challenge at Practical Scrappers for the blog hop is "bling". Show us all your projects with that "glim and glam" on it!

On my project, I took a wooden birdhouse that I purchased at Joann's for only $1.00, painted the entire house with a base of teal acrylic paint. Then I pulled out last years DCWV Spring stack and started to find pattern papers that I liked. I grabbed a few that caught my eye and just started covering it. I used my Martha Steward "double loop" border punch to create the overhang off the roof. I also used my Colorbok turquoise metal tear drops to create the shingles and my Studio 18 rhinestones. The flowers I cut using my cricut and an SVG file from My Scrap Chick,one of my favorite places to find SVG's to use with my SCAL! The little birds are the brand new Inkadinkado summer release stamps that I found at my Joann's in the dollar bins.

Here are the blog hop details again for you:

All the blogs involved have a variety of prizes to give away during this hop so you don't want to miss a thing. All the blogs are giving away prizes for at least the following two things: followers who leave a comment this week and winners of their challenge for the week. Some blogs may be giving away prizes for even more than that! And if you complete a challenge for all 6 you need to sign in at Practical Scrappers because they will be giving away a prize for that too!

Here's the blog list order:

Practical Scrappers
Sketchy Thursday
Scrap that Poetry
The Cuttlebug Spot
Pile it on
365 Cards

if you ever get lost along the way just hop back over to Practical Scrappers to get back on track!

Thanks for stopping in and have fun hopping!

Kerri

4 comments:

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is absolutely beautiful.

Hugs
Tanya

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW! This is gorgeous! I so love altered projects! xxD

Tammy said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL....love what you did with the birdhouse. How inspiring.
smiles...Tammy

Unknown said...

What a pretty birdhouse!! Love the bling!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails