What I did was emboss a 3" x 12" strip of ivory card stock. I used the "negative" side of the embossed strip so that the impressions of go down in. I added a pearl into each impression. Added some lace around the bottom ( also added pearls in the center of the flowers on the lace) and added some ribbon on the top. The flower top was created with D'vine Swirls and Swiss Dots embossing folders. I made the flower from 18 2" ovals that I cut on my cricut them ran through D'vine Swirls folder. The center of the flower is a 2" circle that I stamped then ran through the Swiss Dots folder. I curled the edges up on the top two layers by just rolling them around the end of a thin paint brush. The bottom layer I curled under so cradle the candle and fit on like a topper.
Next project here is my reveal for Practical Scrappers. Our challenge this week to use up that stash of yours is to use eyelets in your project. I was trying really hard to use all my white eyelets up on this project and I have to say-- mission was accomplished! I was trying to recreate the front of a "MEAD" notebook. I even went as far as carving in with my scissors what kinds of things my son would doodle on his notebook. So without further ado-- here's my LO entitled 1st Day ( Layton's first day of Kindergarten):
Thanks for stopping in and make sure you stop over to http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/ and http://practicalscrappers.blogspot.com/ and check out all the other design team work as well take part in the challenges. Nilda has a some new Cuttlebug Embossing Folders up for grabs!